Thursday, May 30, 2013

SPD: BLT DIP

Original pin found here.
I made this dip for a Memorial Day party this weekend and it was a HUGE hit! So tasty and so easy to make. Let's get started shall we?

Alright, so, first things first, gather up all of your Ingredients! That includes:
  • 1 pound bacon - cooked, drained, and crumbled. {I used two 6 oz. pkgs of crispy turkey bacon; who says you can't get healthy-ish with this, right? Right.}
  • 2 {8 oz.} packages of cream cheese, softened. {Again, I used light cream cheese to kinda cut back on the fat.}
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese.
  • 2 cups shredded Fontina cheese. {I ended up just using 4 cups of mozzarella cheese because I had no idea where to find Fontina cheese.}
  • 1/2 cup light sour cream.
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise. {or miracle whip or greek yogurt, whatever your healthy -or unhealthy- heart desires.}
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
  • 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard.
  • salt & pepper to taste.
  • 1 1/2 cups of chopped, seeded tomatoes.
  • 1 cup shredded Iceberg lettuce.
  • Your choice of dippers: Toasted bread rounds, crackers, or pita chips. {I used Green Giant Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt. YUM!}

Then follow the directions:
  • (1) Cook your bacon. This process could even be done the night before or sometime in advance, because it really is time consuming.
  • (2) Recruit back-up to help chop your lettuce and tomatoes while you cook the bacon.
  • (3) Realize you forgot to add 3 ingredients to your picture of all of the ingredients for this recipe.
  • Not pictured: Preheat oven to 350* and spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  • Also not pictured: Set aside 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon.
  • (4) In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, sour cream, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard.
  • (5) Stir it all up!
  • (6) Spoon into baking dish.
  • Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
  • Sprinkle chopped tomatoes, remaining 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon, and Iceberg lettuce over hot dip.
  • Serve immediately with your choice of dipping vessels.
  • Enjoy the best dip EVER. Seriously, the whole thing was gone between the Memorial Day party and taking leftovers to my parent's house for dinner that evening. So good.



Linking up today with Stephanie and Katie for Saw It, Pinned It, Did It!

 
 

5 comments:

  1. This looks great to take to a party!! Maybe I'll make it for my 4th of July party! :) Pinning it now! PS- your blog is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh that looks amazing!!! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this once before so thanks for reminding me I need to get to making it! Looks so good! Who doesn't like bacon?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O. M. G. I am in love with you! HAHA... that looks incredible. I'm new here, just stopping by to say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. UM YUM! Now my stomach is growling!
    -Bre
    www.basicallybre.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! :)