Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Recap {it's a long one!}

 Warning: This post is going to be an overload of pictures, just so you know.


Alright, now that you've been forewarned, let's get this started! Why don't we have long weekends more often?! This three day weekend was awesome. Just awesome.

Friday Night:
We started off the weekend listening to some Christina Perri {A Thousand Years} and "walking down the aisle, with Easter eggs instead of flower petals." She is always talking about how she wants to get married. {Babygirl, Momma's gotta get hitched before you do!} But it sure is fun to watch her dream. Insert happy Momma sigh here.
Saturday Morning:
We set off bright and early for Papa Ron & GiGi's house to meet them for our Grand Adventure to NYC! {aka Peyton's first trip to the big apple!}

{A quick stop at the same Dunkin' Donuts we stopped at last August when we took my sister up to college.}


{Basically the only pictures I got of the city.}
And by "Grand Adventure" I mean, a total of an 8 hour drive to just spend 1 measly hour in the city packing up my sister's dorm room and hightailing it back out of there. Not my idea of a trip to the New York, but at least we got to go as well as pickup my sister so she's {FINALLY!} home for the summer.
{The many faces of Peyton.}
{Babygirl checking out the view from Aunt Nenna's dorm room.}


However, there is nothing {and I mean absolutely nothing} like coming home. The view from my parent's house never gets old. Never. Ps-the next two pictures of the view, are not edited at all! Gosh, I love where we live.



{just a quick photo with my love... wish he had 86'd the transition lenses for the photo op, though. silly guy.}
 Since we got home at a reasonable hour, the family then all went to Red Lobster for dinner. We stuffed our tummies with some delicious salmon, scallops & shrimp alfredo, chicken tortilla soup, and OF COURSE the Cheddar Bay Biscuits! I have a recipe for homemade CB biscuits and they just aren't nearly as good as the real thing... although, they're pretty dang delish!


Sunday Night:
Sunday morning I worked from 11:30 to 3:30 at "the Pier" {aka: Pier 1 Imports} and Peyton went to her Dad's for a family cookout. So, I went home, changed, and Nick and I made our way over to my parent's house to hang out. My Dad's nephew was visiting and whenever they get together, they end up shootin' guns off the back porch. {We live in the country, so it's not like they're shootin' it up with any neighbors close by.}
So, we joined in on the fun and drank some 'bock and shot a few rounds at some pie plates... We go hardcore. Obviously.

Then, my manager at Pier 1, Jen, was having a Memorial Day/Pier 1 get-together at her house that evening. The ladies I work with there are SO MUCH FUN. Seriously, so. much. fun. They're all beautiful and hilarious. I don't know why we don't party together more often.
I mean, they even took me out for my 21st birthday... who can say they've done that with their coworkers?! {Who, by the way, are all technically old enough that they could be my mothers.} But don't let their age fool you. They are the craziest and most fun group of ladies I know!
After leaving said super fun party, we picked Peyton up from her Dad's and all headed home to pass-the-fudge out. Thank goodness for having Monday off because that weekend was draining! {But worth it.}

Monday:
Monday morning was spent cleaning/organizing Peyton's room. Lordy lordy, that took about 3 hours longer than it was supposed to -kinda like this post, right? Just neverending, so sorry! Anyways, we got it all put away and rearranged some furniture and voila! now you can actually walk around her room again! Haha. Then, I threw together a Pinterest-inspired BLT dip for the Memorial Day/Housewarming Party we were attending that afternoon.
Recipe to soon follow!
The party was for one of my YTI classmates, Katie, and her husband. They were married last May, moved into their new house this past February and are expecting their baby boy this August! So many exciting things happening for them. :) Another classmate of mine, Melissa, was there for the party as well. Loved catching up with them!
Also: I am insanely jealous of the massive amount of trees on Katie's property. So beautiful.

That evening we went on over to my parent's for steaks {and to enjoy their company, of course!}. I forgot to show you an up-close picture of Peyton's adorable Memorial Day dress... which is a dress we bought last year and haven't worn yet, haha. Luckily, it still fit this year.
Yes. I know. Weird combination of pictures, right? Let's just go with it. Okay? Ok.

Anywho, that was our weekend. Probably far more than you needed and/or wanted to know and see. But hey, I deserve a pat on the back glass of wine for finishing it all! Go me.

That my friends, is the longest Weekend Shennangins post in the history of ever.

Sami's Shenanigans


The end. Now, where's that wine...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! :)