Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Favorite Quote{s}

Pride & Prejudice {the one with Keira Knightley} is one of my favorite movies, so I obviously have many favorite lines from that script. My most favorite of which being:

via

Why I love it: Like I said, I just love that whole entire movie and this whole scene, their love, it all just makes me melt and feel all happy inside. Must be my hopeless-romantic-ness shining through. And Mr. Darcy? *swoon*

 
----------------------------------------------------

"Meaning is not something you stumble across, like the answer to a riddle or the prize in a treasure hunt. Meaning is something you build into your life. You build it out of your own past, out of your affections and loyalties, out of the experience of humankind as it is passed on to you, out of your own talent and understanding, out of the things you believe in, out of the things and people you love, out of the values for which you are willing to sacrifice something. The ingredients are there. You are the only one who can put them together into that pattern that will be your life. Let it be a life that has dignity and meaning for you. If it does, then the particular balance of success or failure is of less account."
 
-John Gardner.
 
 
Why I love it: I found the above quote many years ago and I can not believe how well it applies to my life and my situation right now. Nick and I have been having numerous discussions about what our 3, 5, and 10 year "plans" look like and have been asking ourselves questions like : "Where do we go from here?", "What means the most to us in our lives?", and "What do we want to accomplish?". As long as we are successful in that we live happy lives and can look back one day with pride and joy, I would say that we've succeeded wonderfully. All we can hope for is to be happy.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------

 
Oh, and just about any line from The Notebook:
 
 
"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give you forever." - The Notebook

 
This one's got special meaning to me: 
via

 
 
 "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day."
-The Notebook



Why I love them: Have I mentioned that I am a hopeless romantic? Yeah. Plus, that whole bit about "If you're a bird, I'm a bird."? Well, Nick's last name is a type of bird... If we get married, technically that'll make me a "bird", too. Get it? Get it? :) We are lovey-dovey-mushy-gushy like that.





That's all for today, folks!
{Sorry I couldn't narrow it down to just one!}
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Aw what a lovely post, I love that you're gona be a bird too - that's so so cute. I wish I had something like that! ha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! :)