Saturday, June 29, 2013

With All of My Heart

 
The past few nights, Peyton has selected a handful of books for us to read to her before bed. The selection has included Guess How Much I Love You {of course}, The Mare on the Hill {another one of my childhood favorites}, The Kissing Hand, and I Love You with All My Heart.
It is one of my most favorite things to do with her; to snuggle up right before bedtime and share these stories with her that I grew up reading. It makes me so happy to be a momma. Especially her momma. The first time we read I Love You with All My Heart, I cried. Then again, I cry during commercials and when certain songs play on the radio. I am just an emotional momma. And I just love her so gosh-dang much. Actually, now that I think about it, I cried the first time I read all of those books, ha.
 
 
So, anyways, last night when she handed me I Love You with All My Heart she looked at me and said "Here momma... are you gonna cry again?" I responded with "No baby, I don't think so." And then she came back with "Oh, I bet you will!" ...ha! That stinker.
 
Another bonus to story time right before bedtime? She almost always slips into dreamland towards the end of the last story. Then I get to just snuggle next to her peaceful little self and relish in the fact that I am lucky enough to be her mother and that I get the chance to watch her grow up.
 
I don't know what I would do without her. I love you, Peyton, with all of my heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
PS- I did not, in fact, cry while I read I Love You with All My Heart... but I certainly did when I read the next one ;)
 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! :)