Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Father's Day {yet another belated post from Yours Truly}

 Y'all, I seriously need to work on my procrastination...
It is terrible. Like, super duper terrible.
 
I can guarantee you that I will be packing for our upcoming trip into the wee hours of the morning right before we leave. Oy vey. I also bought a journal back before Peyton's birthday (in March, mind you) to begin to write down little notes to her everyday for her to have when she's older.... well, I haven't written down one thing yet. Actually, that's a lie. I wrote down the date back in April, hoping that it would force me to get that thing started that day. Yeah, that didn't happen. Sorry, Peyton! Momma will get to it. Promise.
 
I can also guarantee that this post is all pictures of our Father's Day brunch we had this year. My mom and I both had to work the night of Father's Day, so dinner wasn't an option. So, the Papa Ron decided on breakfast at a local restaurant (that I actually used to work at when I was 15/16 years old!).
 
The food wasn't exactly the best, and our waitress may have been a little slow and shared one-too-many life stories with us, but the company was wonderful. (Of course.)
 

{some pre-food coloring}

{love, love, love the look on babygirl's face!}
{Papa Ron and his girls.}
{Someone was being Mrs. Grumpy Gills and not wanting to take a picture. Papa Ron was trying to make her laugh.}

{love.}

{there's a smile!}
{"Daddy Nick" and Papa Ron.}

{The Dadda and me.}
{GiGi and "Aunt Nenna".}
{The card Peyton made for "Daddy Nick".}


To my Dad, aka Papa Ron: I love you. I love you. I love you. I can not stress that enough. And I know that Peyton love, love, loves you as well. I have so many fond memories of you and they just keep multiplying. I honestly do not know where I would be without you. It's cliché, but it's the honest truth. You are such a wonderful motivator, supporter, teacher, and father. Thank you for everything.

To my love, aka "Daddy Nick": Peyton is so lucky to have you as a father figure. I know she looks up to you. I know she loves you. She is going to go so very far in life, and one of the reasons for that is because I know that you are going to be one of her biggest driving forces. You help to teach her new things and teach her the value in doing them right. I know you'll be there to help her learn and grow and become an amazing and caring young woman, just like you are an amazing and caring man. I look forward to the future with you and expanding our little family. I love you.




A {belated} Happy Father's Day to all you daddas out there!
 
"Fathers, be good to your daughters //
Daughters will love like you do."
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! :)