Monday, April 1, 2013

Peyton's {Fourth} Birthday!

*whew*
This past weekend was so intense. Like, really intense.
I have never had such a crazy time trying to plan one of Peyton's birthday parties.
Then again, I haven't attempted a full-on, Pinterest-inspired, ocean-themed party before.
Ps- can we just take a moment and acknowledge the fact that my BABY really isn't a baby anymore! Gah. I can't believe four whole years have gone by already.
{Cheesin' before we went out for dinner on her actual birthday.}
Okay, back to the party:
I was literally shaking the whole morning/day from the adrenaline pumping through my veins while running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to prepare all of the food and set up everything. {I really do need better time-management skills.}
I couldn't have pulled off that day if it wasn't for the help from Nick {extraspecially him}, my sister, and my Momma. Thank you, guys.

1- The food spread included:  Goldfish bread sandwiches with tuna salad, ham/swiss and turkey/american  ;  Broccoli  Coral Salad  Watergate Salad {dyed blue}  Ocean Fluff  ;  a Goldfish Bar  ;  and assorted chicken.
2- There were Hot Dogs Octopus & Beans
3- "Sea Punch" {which had blue ice cubes with swedish fish frozen in them}, Sea Salt chips, Barbecue chips {because who can pass up Martin's Barb-B-Q Waffle Chips?? Not this girl.}, and blue jello with a swedish fish Fish Bowls.
4- Lots of balloons, gifts, and handmade {read: Pey-made} fish/shark/ocean creature decorations.
5- A close up of the Deviled Fish Eggs.
6- The beautiful sea turtle carved by my sister that held the fruit salad.
7- Another shot of the feast we had going on.
Then, she opened presents:
& of course she made out like a bandit, per usual. {Tons of cute new clothes for spring/summer!}
After which we moved on to...
CAKE!
** Sidenote: This whole "ocean" theme came about back in January when my sister and dad went to Curacao. Papa Ron and Jenna travel a lot {lucky turds} and are always going somewhere tropical and coming back with thousands of pictures from their underwater adventures with snorkeling and scuba diving. One night, while they were in Curacao, Peyton said to me "Momma, I want a Papa Ron diver on my cake!" Thus, we went all out with the underwater/ocean theme. And you can bet your bottom dollar that there was a Papa Ron diver on top of that cake! {along with her most favorite sea animal - a hammerhead shark.} The little ocean figures that decked out her cake even came from Dad & Jen's Curacao trip. :) **

Overall, it was such a wonderful day and I could really tell that Peyton loved every minute of it. She has grown into such a sassy, hilarious, brilliant, independent, beautiful, inspiring, wonderful, and loving little lady. I am so blessed to be her mother and to be a part of her life.

I love you, babygirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! :)