Thursday, March 21, 2013

Saw It, Pinned It, Did it: Bubble Up Pizza!

This past Saturday was one of those days where I had to work for the better part of the afternoon/evening after a semi-stressful morning and I was just not feeling it... nope, not.at.all. Granted, I do love my part-time job {well, I love my full-time job too, but that's a moo (yes, moo) point} but sometimes it would be really nice to have the weekends off.

Anyways, I was just so tired after my shift at the Pier and then... well, then I had to book it right on over to Wallyworld to meet Nick & babygirl for grocery shopping. (OH JOY, GROCERY SHOPPING! not.) Our poor fridge was so empty that morning though, it wasn't even funny. So, this trip was needed for sure, but grocery shopping is just never on my "Oh yeah, can't wait to do that!" list. Plus, I was huuuungry!

Isn't that a cardinal rule, to not go grocery shopping while hungry?? {unless you want to take the whole store's inventory home with you of course?} Well, I. Broke. That. Rule... yikes. Luckily, I was not alone in my shopping venture, otherwise I don't think I could have been held responsible for the grocery hull that would have been...

The trip was long, yet the grocery list was short. It's amazing that, no matter what our list says, we always end up with things we didn't expect to get. Luckily, earlier that day I wrote down some ingredients for recipes that I had pinned. One of which being....

Bubble Up Pizza  
click HERE for original recipe link
 
 
After our long grocery store trip {and my seemingly long shift at work} this quick and easy recipe was just what our night needed! It was so simple and super yummy!
 
Here's what you'll need:
cooking spray // 2 (12 oz) cans golden layer buttermilk biscuits // 1 (15 oz) jar of pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese // your favorite pizza toppings
 
 **Now, I cut my recipe in half. Peyton had already eaten dinner that night, so it was just me & Nick who would be responsible for consuming whatever was created. We hardly ever eat our leftovers (seriously, they get shoved to the back of the fridge and don't return for a very long time). So, I only used about half of one of the jars of pizza sauce (should have used the whole jar), 1 of the cans of biscuits... but plenty of cheese.**
 

Directions:

  • Preheat your oven to 375* and grease a 9x13 baking dish, then set aside
  • Next, try not to pass out from being scared to death by the biscuit can...

  • Seriously, it gets me every time. Can't they create a much less scary way to package these?!

    • Cut your biscuits into smaller chunks (I did about 6 chunks per biscuit).
    • Put your biscuit pieces into a bowl along with your pizza sauce.
    • You (or your little helper) can then stir the contents of the bowl to get the biscuits all nice and coated with the pizza sauce.
     
    • Next, add 1 cup of the mozzarella to the bowl and stir everything again.
    She really is the best little helper! :)

     
    ** Here is where I would suggest adding some of your pizza toppings to your mixture**
    (I forgot to get pepperoni at the store... it wasn't on the list and it wasn't in my line of sight, therefore they weren't even remotely on my radar.)
     
    • Once everything is all mixed together, scoop/pour/move the mixture evenly to your pre-greased baking dish!
    • Lastly, top with the remaining Mozzarella cheese (and maybe a few more handfuls, for good measure) and whatever toppings your heart stomach desires.
     
    • Pop it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes!
    • Enjoy!
    •  

      Thoughts:
      - Make sure you check on it throughout the cooking time so you don't overcook it otherwise it could get a little rubbery.
      -This is a great recipe to make with your children, because they can help stir and scoop 'til their little hearts are content.
      -You can add whatever ingredients you would like... maybe next time I'll try to make a Hawaiian pizza inspired one!
      -If you're going to make the full recipe (with both cans of biscuits) I would suggest using a fairly deep baking dish.
      -This recipe was so simple and easy to make, especially after a long & exhausting day.


      Linking up today with the beautiful Katie & Stephanie: 




       

    2 comments:

    1. At first glance I thought it was chicken at the bottom of the pan, then I ready again. Holy biscuits! Genius! Looks yummy. Will pin it to try later.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ohh, I'm sure you could probably transform this into a chicken parm casserole though! Instead of the biscuits on the bottom, you could put your favorite pasta (cooked) and then put cut up pieces of cooked, breaded chicken with lots of sauce and cheese! Sounds like a recipe for another post! :)

        Delete

    Thank you for stopping by! :)