Friday, January 2, 2015

30 weeks // bump update


How Far Along? 30 weeks. That leaves only 10 weeks until D-Day. Saying baby doesn't come early for some reason... Oh goodness, this baby better not come early. We have NOTHING ready! Weren't we just 10 weeks pregnant last week?? How is time flying so quickly? I have heard that the last month drags, so let's hope that what happens! Because we have so much left to do - ie: the ENTIRE nursery.

Size of Baby: a cucumber or butternut squash! Ranging anywhere from 15.2 to 17 inches long and 2.5 to 3.8 lbs! Considering I weighed 3lbs 14oz when I was born (I was a preemie baby), I think it's just downright crazy to think that baby is potentially as big as I was when I was born and that he really could come any time he likes... We are so not prepared, buuut it would be so amazing to finally meet him!

Weight Gain:  around 162 lbs at this point. So, about 19 lbs total. The holiday feasting hasn't helped keep that number at bay, that's for sure ;)

Maternity Clothes: yes. always.

Stretch marks: no, thank goodness! Though, I can't see the underside of my belly any longer, so who knows how that's looking.

Symptoms: well, it's hard to tell what is due to pregnancy and what is due to the miserable sickness that I have had the past few days. I have been coughing, my sinuses have been draining, headaches, nausea, did I mention coughing? It's just been downright miserable. My OB has me taking these ginormous horse pills antibiotics 3 times a day so hopefully that kicks this sickness out of here STAT. Although, I can tell you one thing that is definitely a pregnancy symptom... with all of this coughing that I have been doing, I have noticed that if I don't regularly empty my bladder, the coughs tend to try to do that for me. Oops! Talk about embarrassing.

Cravings:  still no real cravings. Though, I could always go for some more of the endless nachos we had while on our honeymoon. In fact, I did purchase some tortilla chips and a can of queso at the store the last time I went. YUM.

Gender: boy!

Mood: sick. miserably sick. anxious (as always). excited. 

Nursery: measurements for the attic carpet were completed so now we just have to wait for the materials to come in and for HD to schedule an installation date and we can FINALLY get to work on baby's woodland themed nursery. I ordered this print when it was on sale last week and I am so excited to move forward with the rest of the decor once we have the available space!

Movement: Yes, yes, yes! He hasn't been enjoying all of the coughing fits that I've been having, but aside from that, he's been having plenty of fun in there. At my appointment last week, the doctor took a look for us on the ultrasound machine and informed us that baby is, in fact, breech/transverse... Which hopefully doesn't last long! I don't know how I feel about having a cesarean - it actually really scares the poop out of me, to be honest.

Sleep: Well, I have been sleeping pretty terribly thanks to this sickness. Being sick + regular pregnancy insomnia, just does not make for a fun night. 

What I Miss:  being able to take regular medicine! Being pregnant really narrows down your options on what you can take to help you feel better. Also, the "adult" eggnog at our Christmas get-togethers this week really looked delicious. Can't wait to indulge in a delicious holiday beverage next year ;)

Belly Button in or out? 
 Out, of course.

Wedding rings on or off? On, thank goodness.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  see all above mentions of this darn illness I've fighting.

Best Moment This Week: CHRISTMAS, of course. All of our sweet little traditions we have started and the fact that this was our last Christmas as a family of three and our first Christmas as a married couple. Aside from being sick, I was loving every minute of it.

Labor Signs:  no - please don't let those start happening anytime soon!

Looking Forward To: feeling better! and completing this darn attic project!


xo,
Sara

3 comments:

  1. Looking beautiful mama! Hang in there and feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful! I hope you're feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! so glad i found your blog, its awesome! just followed =]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! :)