Friday, December 19, 2014

28 weeks // bump update

28 weeks // we can not wait to meet you, little man!


How Far Along? 28 weeks. 7 months! (Um, that means there are only TWO MONTHS LEFT! Que the nerves!)

Size of Baby: big. Can we just say that? I work part time at Pier 1 Imports where part of our attire is a blue apron and well, baby boy sure is making me look like a big blue whale. Customers have been commenting non-stop and asking when I am due - to which I respond with the appropriate "March 6th" - and they all reply with some version of: "March!? But you're so big! Are you sure there aren't twins in there?" ...Yes, I am sure there is only one in there. I am sure of my due date and I am well aware that this belly is large and in charge. One lady even said to me this weekend: "You look like an olive on a stick!" -- Um, thanks? Haha. // But in real life (or at least according to the pregnancy apps that I peruse) baby weighs about as much as an eggplant and is around 13 to 14 inches long.  -- No wonder this belly seems so big!

Weight Gain:  just up 1 little pound from last week. Though, that makes 18 total. Geesh.

Maternity Clothes: yes, of course. Anything but is just too tight at this point... and I'm still gonna get much, much bigger. Oy vey. Leggings and maternity tunic sweaters all day, errrryday.

Stretch marks: still no. Though, my sides are stretching out pretty far these days. Give me all the lotion!

Symptoms: still the occasional heartburn. and still the uncomfortable-ness of growing this precious baby boy (with all of his kicks and punches). Oh! I almost totally forgot - pregnancy insomnia is totally a thing. I have such a hard time falling asleep at night and then I wake up at least twice before morning, each time feeling wide awake. Makes it super easy to wake up in the morning and get going, of course.

Cravings:  hmmm, no. But I can eat the most random of things. The other day I had a seafood salad sandwich with chips followed by a bowl of corn flakes and then a pickle and I think some ice cream after that. Gross now that I think about it, haha.

Gender: baby boy!

Mood: tired. exhausted. stuffed (is stuffed a mood?). and so super anxious about getting everything together now that we're down to the last third of this pregnancy!

Nursery: still flip-flopping on what kind of "theme" would fit perfect but that is all well and good because we are still waiting on the attic to be completed enough to move on to the nursery. Home Depot is coming out this week to do the measurements for the attic carpet though and as soon as that is installed, we're ready!

Movement: All day (and all night) long! I can feel him shifting positions in there all of the time, but I think mostly he likes to lay sideways and push his feet and butt out - which is so comfortable, let me tell you! ;)

Sleep: like I said, pregnancy insomnia is no joke. 

What I Miss:  I'm starting to not be able to bend down as easy as before. In fact, my poor legs did not get shaved for the longest time because 1-whoa big belly and 2-our shower is so tiny, it makes bending down almost impossible to do anyways. 

Belly Button in or out? 
 Out, still. Don't think that's gonna change for a while now.

Wedding rings on or off? On. And snug as a bug.

Anything making you queasy or sick:  no, nothing as of this week, thank goodness.

Best Moment This Week: this hasn't just happened this week, but it sure is one of my favorite daily occurrences: Peyton loves to snuggle and sing to the baby and each and every time that she feels him kick and squirm around in there she looks up at me with the most excited face and adorable grin, that I could literally burst at the seams with happiness. She is going to be such a great big sister to this little guy and I so thankful for them both.

Labor Signs:  no, no.

Looking Forward To: well, I can tell you what Iwasn't  looking forward to: the 28 week glucose tolerance test. Yuck. I went for that on Thursday and although it wasn't as bad as I anticipated, it still wasn't overly fun. However, I am looking forward to visiting my sister in New York this weekend and helping her pack up her things to come home for the holidays! and Christmas is next week... what?! Good grief this year flew by.


xo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! :)