Thursday, January 8, 2015

31 weeks // bump update



How Far Along? 31 weeks. I still can't get over the fact that I'm in my 30's now... and that I can count on my hands the number of weeks left until baby's arrival! The weeks seem to be flying by, especially with the holiday season over and done with now, so I'm sure I'll blink and the day will be here.

Size of Baby: baby should be measuring around the size of a pineapple or coconut now! (All of this tropical fruit talk has me seriously missing our honey/babymoon.) Ironically enough, I've been craving pineapple this week as well! He should be over 16 inches long at this point and weighing approximately 3.3 pounds!

Weight Gain:  Well, with being sick this last week I had ended up losing around 5 pounds. I've gained 3 of those pounds back as of this afternoon, though - no worries ;)

Maternity Clothes: duh.

Stretch marks: no, no. Nothing new to report here.

Symptoms: the sickness is on it's way out (thank goodness!) so I'm feeling much, much better in that aspect. However, some other not-so-fun pregnancy symptoms have decided to show up to the party this week. I have some serious acid reflux/heartburn that required a TUMS purchase this weekend. I've even woken up during the night the past few nights from it - therefore, I've been having to sleep propped up on my bumpnest (seriously, that thing is such a miracle worker and life saver all wrapped into one big, comfy pillow). On top of that, little man is taking up so much space in there that I have had a very noticeable lack of lung space in there as well. It's all day long and makes my breathing so labored. I'll be happy when/if he decides to drop farther down into my pelvis so I can breathe again! Aaaand just for the record, the peeing when I cough/sneeze still hasn't let up... yay for me, haha.

Cravings:  finally, I have some cravings to report! This week it's been an Arby's beef n' cheddar, fruit loops, frosted shredded wheat, poptarts, a fluffer-nutter, pineapple/peaches/pears/apples,  chocolate, and margherita pizza! YUM.

Gender: still our handsome little man.

Mood: anxious! excited and happy. We have FINALLY had the carpet installed in the attic, so now we can move on to baby's room!

Nursery: we have decided on a wall color and hopefully Nick will be able to pick up the paint on his way home tomorrow evening. Therefore, we'll hopefully be able to paint baby's room this weekend and then we can start putting together the crib, purchase the rocker, and get everything rolling so that little man has a space of his own!

Movement: Ohh yes. And it has started to become the slower, but stronger "Swedish massage" type of movements typical of the last few weeks of pregnancy. Baby boy LOVES to kick and punch my cervix, too... which is so ridiculously uncomfortable and just flat out weird feeling. 

Sleep: Pretty decent (aside from the heartburn), though I do wake up at least once a night for a trip to the restroom so I can empty my bladder.

What I Miss:  warm weather! It has been absolutely freezing cold here lately, especially with the windchill. I am hoping that it won't be quite this cold outside when baby is due - just in case, I've been trying to hunt down some good deals on super cozy newborn onesies to keep him nice and toasty.

Belly Button in or out? 
 Out. Wayyy out.

Wedding rings on or off? On!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  just the heartburn, really. 

Best Moment This Week: Date Night with my handsome husband to go out and find a margherita pizza to satisfy my pregnancy cravings, haha. We don't often go out just the two of us, so it was nice to just relax and be together as a couple -- and to eat yummy pizza, of course!

Labor Signs:  no way, Jose. Though, I do feel like my stomach contracts slightly if I have to do a lot of walking up and down stairs at work.

Looking Forward To: putting baby's room together in the coming weeks! I simply can't wait to see how it all turns out and I will just be so relieved when we finally have his space set up and everything ready for his arrival.


xo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! :)