Wednesday, September 17, 2014

14 weeks // bump update


How Far Along?: 14 weeks! Officially a second-trimester-momma!

Size of Baby: A lemon. Or, the size of my clenched fist (seems SO big!).

Weight Gain:  5 pounds. Eek!

Maternity Clothes: Yes, please. Seriously, I'm lucky that my clothes for work are scrubs and a little baggy because I can hardly button any of my jeans or comfortably wear anything that isn't sweatpants or leggings.

Stretch marks: no! and I need to invest in some good quality lotion to start rubbing all over this growing bump so none appear.

Symptoms: tired, always. And also "round ligament pain" aka my uterus stretching and growing to accommodate baby - which I'm perfectly fine with! :)

Cravings:  FRUITY PEBBLES. I had my first real, I-need-this-and-I-need-it-now craving for this delicious breakfast cereal and made asked my lovely fiancĂ© to pick some up on his way home from work the other day; and he so kindly obliged! He's the best. As are fruity pebbles.

Gender: Still no idea! Feeling total "boy" vibes, though.

Mood: happy. tired. loved. mushy-gushy lovey-dovey. but SO ANXIOUS - the wedding is less than a month away at this point! Can you even believe it?! I certainly can not.

Nursery: nada. However, there has been recent progress made on the attic we've been slowly trying to renovate and it gives me hope that it will be complete before baby is born. Which would be wonderful because then it will give us an additional room to add to the mix and allow for more space and another option for baby's room!

Movement: I think so! Little flutters/quivering  here and there. I can't wait to feel him or her more and more as time goes by.

Sleep: So much better thanks to my brand new Bumpnest pillow! (Again, thanks to my handsome fiancĂ©.) He got it for me as a late birthday present and my body could not be more thankful. It is like sleeping on a big, fluffy cloud.

What I Miss: There is nothing that I miss on the whole pregnancy front, but I would like to point out that I miss it being light out past 8:30pm. It has officially started getting darker out earlier and, while I enjoy every other aspect of the impending Fall weather, I am not looking forward to it being pitch black outside by 5pm.

Belly Button in or out?: In! Thank goodness.

Wedding rings on or off?: On, of course.

Anything making you queasy or sick: No ma'am! I am happy to report that I have been feeling wonderful.

Best Moment This Week: Peyton came up to me when I got home from work one day, gave me a hug and immediately rubbed my belly and said to the baby "I love you." Talk about a total heart melt.

Labor Signs: Not no way. Not no how.

Looking Forward To: The wedding! and our honeymoon! I can't believe that both are coming up so quickly. Didn't we just get engaged yesterday?


xo,
Sara

((post is delayed, I turned 14 weeks on Sept. 5))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! :)