Tuesday, August 6, 2013

family reunion time!

The main event this past weekend was a sort-of impromptu family reunion with members of my Dadda's side of the family, who we rarely see. It was such a wonderful evening, spent catching up and reconnecting with family who we haven't seen in quite some time.
 
Friday evening I kind of decided to take it upon myself to make Strawberry Peach Sangria, Chocolate Kahlua Trifle Cake, Bacon-Wrapped Brown Sugar Weenies, and Taco Dip for said family reunion... that was to happen the following afternoon/evening. I must be crazy. By time I got the Sangria done and the brownies baked for the trifle cake, it was 11:30pm... and I passed out with Peyton shortly after that.
 
The trifle is supposed to sit at least 4 hours before serving it, once it's all layered together. However, I wanted to let it set overnight in the fridge. Obviously, that did not happen with me passing out and all. Ha! At least Nick made the Taco dip that night and then took on the Brown Sugar Weenies Saturday morning while I went to work. And luckily, I woke up early enough (and bolted out of bed!) that morning to finish up the rest of the trifle cake.
 

The Sangria was a hit, but the Chocolate Kahlua Trifle took the cake! (pun intended :P) Seriously, if you need something super easy to make for dinner tonight a family get together, I highly recommend it!

a "bird's eye view" of the family reunion. yes, the tarp may be redneck-ish of us... but, hey! we didn't have a tent, the forecast called for showers, and there was no way that we were all piling inside the house just because of a few raindrops!

my beautiful girl - in the middle of a game of tag.

Peyton was THRILLED to have other kids to play with! We "partied" after dark and started up a campfire {my idea!} so we could make some s'mores!

1// Candy's first s'more ever! I couldn't believe this girl had never had a s'more before. Pure craziness. 2// Me & babygirl... and some photobombers :P 3// It was Rory's first campfire! This was her attempt at trying to lick s'more crumbs off of my face. 4// FIYAH! {PS- sorry for the poopy iPhone pictures, it's all I had at that point!}
 
la familia.


We should really have these reunions more often! I'm certainly looking forward to the next one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! :)